Thank you for visiting “the go to place for Lutheran news and commentary,” the Brothers of John the Steadfast website. Click on any of the links below for more information on our biggest stories of the last nine months.
- President Kieschnick and Board of Directors use legal power and authority as leverage against beloved synod members – We thought the Issues, Etc. matter was put behind us but the LCMS Board of Directors opened up an old, healing wound.
- Gay Activist serves as Music Director of LCMS Congregation – Even though synod and district officials have been alerted months ago, this worker is still employed at an LCMS congregation.
- Concordia Chicago Professors Sign Petition Supporting Terrorist Bill Ayers – Even though Bill Ayers has been turned away again and again from speaking engagements around the country, he and his socialist education theory is endorsed by Concordia faculty.
- Using money donated to Lutheran World Relief to shore up budget shortfalls, and denying our synodical charity the rightful interest due on money donated to it – The director of Human Care for the synod has complained that funds donated for care for those in need around the world have been diverted to support the synod budget shortfalls.
- Blue Ribbon Proposals Cause Undue Stress on a Synod that Needs Uniting, not Dividing – President Kieschnick’s committee for synod structure and reorganization is proposing all sorts of change that centralized power and marginalizes smaller congregations.
For more information on the Brothers of John the Steadfast click on the “Organization” page on the top menu of this page.