Top Ten Bad Jobs in the Synod If you are a Confessional Lutheran
(From Pr. Preus)
10. Overseas missionary. Really bad job security.
9. Any one whose sole job is working for Fan into Flame. “How do you explain that two year gap in your resume during the years 2007-2009?”
8. Executive director of Concordia Historical Institute. Really bad job security.
7. Seminary professor at Ft. Wayne without tenure. How would you like to know that your future depended upon Wayne Graumann, John Kieschnick and David Buegler – all Jesus First supporters?
6. Seminary professor at either seminary. How would you like to have a job where you had to gulp hard, plug your nose and say nothing negative about Ablaze?
5. Mega church pastor. The pressure of weekly performance and growth should generate NFL and Rock star salaries, and you are making only $120,000.
4. First lady. Turns out you can’t say anything from the pulpit without getting hammered.
3. Confessional talk show host. Really bad job security.
2. Executive Director to the Board of Communications Services. One day you’re respected. The next day you’re not. Ouch! And all of that for someone who will never reciprocate.
1. Synod’s treasurer. “You spent what on travel for your wife? You spent that on consultants? You want me to sell that? I can’t possibly balance that! You fired who?”
Rules for comments on this site:
Engage the contents and substance of the post. Rabbit trails and side issues do not help the discussion of the topics. Our authors work hard to write these articles and it is a disservice to them to distract from the topic at hand. If you have a topic you think is important to have an article or discussion on, we invite you to submit a request through the "Ask a Pastor" link or submit a guest article.
Provide a valid email address. If you’re unwilling to do this, we are unwilling to let you comment.
Provide at least your first name. Please try to come up with a unique name; if you have a common name add something to it so you aren't confused with another user. We have several "john"'s already for example. If you have a good reason to use a fake name, please do so but realize that the administrators of the site expect a valid email address and also reserve the right to ask you for your name privately at any time.
If you post as more than one person from the same IP address, we’ll block that address.
Do not engage in ad hominem arguments. We will delete such comments, and will not be obligated to respond to any complaints (public or private ones) about deleting your comments.
Interaction between people leaving comments ought to reflect Christian virtue, interaction that is gracious and respectful, not judging motives. If error is to be rebuked, evidence of the error ought to be provided.
We reserve the right to identify and deal with trollish behavior as we see fit and without apology. This may include warnings (public or private ones) or banning.