I drove across the country to meet with my editor (Pastor Rossow)
No, seriously, it was a family vacation of sorts.
- visiting friends in Nebraska and commiserating about parsonages, including the care congregations can show their shepherd
- the joy and reminder of preaching at an ordination and watching congregations eagerly receive their new pastor
- being reminded of the slogan, “God’s Word and Luther’s doctrine pure shall now and evermore endure” as carved on a beautiful church
- ecumenically visiting dear ELS friends in their new southern Minnesota parish
- seeing family in Illinois
- reminding loved ones of baptism and it’s comforts
- meeting with my editor over crepes, country fried steak, omelettes and discussing BJS while my children made a mess worthy of BJS headlines
- buying novelty gifts for my family at a massive Bass Pro Shop
- still awaiting another full day of driving with three small children
- surprise visiting a cousin and fellow pastor in Iowa
- driving from Wyoming to Illinois via SD, MN, and IA and NE and return without a DVD player
- waiting for my wife to type this on a tiny smart phone keypad as we hurtle down the interstate
- typing aforementioned post for previously mentioned husband
Read 572 times
Rules for comments on this site:
Engage the contents and substance of the post. Rabbit trails and side issues do not help the discussion of the topics. Our authors work hard to write these articles and it is a disservice to them to distract from the topic at hand. If you have a topic you think is important to have an article or discussion on, we invite you to submit a request through the "Ask a Pastor" link or submit a guest article.
Provide a valid email address. If you’re unwilling to do this, we are unwilling to let you comment.
Provide at least your first name. Please try to come up with a unique name; if you have a common name add something to it so you aren't confused with another user. We have several "john"'s already for example. If you have a good reason to use a fake name, please do so but realize that the administrators of the site expect a valid email address and also reserve the right to ask you for your name privately at any time.
If you post as more than one person from the same IP address, we’ll block that address.
Do not engage in ad hominem arguments. We will delete such comments, and will not be obligated to respond to any complaints (public or private ones) about deleting your comments.
Interaction between people leaving comments ought to reflect Christian virtue, interaction that is gracious and respectful, not judging motives. If error is to be rebuked, evidence of the error ought to be provided.
We reserve the right to identify and deal with trollish behavior as we see fit and without apology. This may include warnings (public or private ones) or banning.