As found on the Lutheran Calendar here. Mark your calendars for this event!
are in the process of planning the next Congress on the Lutheran Confessions
ACL National Free Conference # 26
Luther Academy Lecture Series # 22
April 15 – 17, 2015
Ramada Mall of America
Bloomington (a suburb of Minneapolis), Minnesota
The overall theme for this congress is:
Marriage, Sex, and Gender in the Lutheran Church Today — In Light of the Lutheran Confessions
PROPOSED TOPICS FOR THE 2015
CONGRESS ON THE LUTHERAN CONFESSIONS
- Same-sex Marriage: The Challenges of its U.S. Legalization for Pastors and Congregations
- Homosexuals in the Congregation: Pastoral Ministry and Church Discipline from a Confessional Lutheran Perspective
- Cohabiting Couples in the Congregation: Pastoral Ministry and Church Discipline from a Confessional Lutheran Perspective
- Women’s Ordination and Congregational Roles Revisited: Can the Confessional Lutheran Synods Hold the Line?
- Have Lutherans Had a Unique View of Romance and/or Married Life, when Compared to Other Christian Traditions?
- Do the “Orders of Creation” Pertain Only to the Vocation of Marriage, or Also to Other Vocations?
- Canaan or Israel? The Old Testament’s Doctrine of Marriage in the Pentateuch and the Prophets
- Luther: What is Marriage Really?
- Divorce and Remarriage in the Parish and the Parsonage
Questions, Information: [email protected]