Thanks again to Robin Muench (who provided the video of the Vespers Service), here are some pictures taken on 6/24/2012 at University Lutheran Chapel in MN.
“Lest We Forget”
If you have ever had to pack up the estate of one you loved, you might have a vague idea of what it was like to pack up ULC’s belongings, from file cabinets to baptismal font, and put them into the moving truck to be stored elsewhere until a new location can be obtained. We wept. We reminisced. We laughed. We looked at old photos. We chatted while we worked. We got the job done. And we wept some more. Then, when the work was done, we lingered. We sat out on the front patio and lingered, simply wanting to be there because we still could. Simply wanting to be at that place where our souls had been fed and nourished, where our babies had been baptized, where we had met students and non-students alike who had come thirsting for truth and receiving it to the fullest. This is for those of you who could not be there but wanted to be. This is for those of you who were there. And most of all, this is so that we don’t forget. May our Lord teach us to treasure rightly that which we are so blessed to receive in Word and Sacrament.
The photos were taken from a combination of Sundays (Oct. 29, 2011, April 29, 2012 and the final Sunday, June 24, 2012). In very approximate order, the photos show:
- General photos inside and outside ULC
- Silent auction fundraiser
- Children’s Sunday school
- Adult Bible study
- MNS District Convention (6/15/2012)
- The big moving day (Sat., 6/23/2012)
- Lingering on patio
- Going out to eat that evening
- Last Bible study at 1101 Univ. Ave. SE (6/24/2012)
- Last a.m. Divine Service at 1101 Univ. Ave. SE
- Choir rehearsing for afternoon service
- Going out to eat between services
- Final service of DISPOSITION AND DECONSECRATION
- Group and individual photos after last service
- Final part of move – candles, chairs, baptismal font, ULC sign, etc.
- Vacant sanctuary
- Stained glass windows
Click on SL in the slide player below to start the slideshow; click on FS to run it full-screen.
[flagallery gid=2 name=Gallery]