Found on Cyberbrethren:
Over the years, it’s been my experience that the people who are the most insecure, shy, and embarrassed about being Lutheran are … Lutherans. It is simply sad. I could say more, but I won’t.
Please watch this video. I insist:
Remember, from now until May 31, the BOC is on sale for $20, rather than the normal $32!!
And, if you get together with others or order at least $75 worth of them, you get free shipping/handling.
We at BJS of course strongly support regular reading of the Book of Concord, either through any of the following:
- Reading Groups (click here to add a new group)
Speak with your pastor to start a group in your congregation.
- Daily Readings either by email, twitter (easily sent to your phone) or on facebook.
- Weekly readings from the Book of Concord formatted for insertion into your church bulletins for the 3-year or 1-year readings.
- Audio readings of the entire Book of Concord are available here thanks to Jonathan Lange, a Librivox Volunteer.
- A 12-page Dare to Read pamphlet to help inform your congregation the importance of reading the BoC.
- And, of course, the Triglotta edition of the Book of Concord is available online, along with a host of other resources such as the Roman Confutation, various introductions, and other items to put the BoC into context.