This just came across my desktop. See the bottom of the post for more information on the free conference.
We have just received confirmation this morning that the speaker for our ACELC Free Conference Banquet has now been secured.
We are pleased therefore to announce that the Rev. Jonathan Fisk, Pastor of St. John Lutheran Church, Springfield, Pennsylvania, affiliated with Philadelphia Lutheran Ministries, and probably most well-known for his very popular Internet videos, which can be found at www.worldvieweverlasting.com, has accepted our invitation to be with us as the banquet speaker for our First Annual Free Conference, March 1-3, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Kearney, MO.
In addition to Rev. Fisk, we have a most excellent lineup of speakers for the Free Conference (you can view the entire list on our website homepage) and we pray that many you will want to join us to hear what they have to say. If you are planning to attend this Conference, we encourage you to send in your invitation as soon as possible. You can find the Registration form on our website under the “Conference” tab, or you can download it directly by clicking HERE.
We would also be most appreciative if you would send us an e-mail advising us of your intention to be with us so we can better plan to make this Free Conference a memorable one.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon, we remain,
Your Servants For Christ’s Sake,
ACELC Steering Committee
ACELC News Release
January 24, 2011
A Free Conference
“Addressing Error In The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod”
March 1-3, 2011
Trinity Lutheran, Kearney Missouri
Hosted by the Association of Confessing Evangelical Lutheran Congregations (ACELC)
The FOCUS of the Conference is on the TEN POINTS of error in the ACELC document “A Fraternal Admonition.” Conference speakers will address the errors in view of restoring in the LCMS the orthodox doctrine and practice of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Guest Speakers Are:
- Rev. Daniel Preus on Pure Doctrine (Rev. Preus is Fourth Vice-President of the LCMS, Director of Luther Academy, and Associate Pastor of Hope Lutheran Church, St. Louis, MO)
- Rev. Brent Kuhlman on Holy Communion/Unionism and Syncretism (Rev. Kuhlman is Pastor of Trinity Lutheran, Murdock, Nebraska)
- Rev. Rick Sawyer on The Divine Service and Liturgical Offices (Rev. Sawyer is Pastor of Good Shepherd Lutheran, Brandon, Mississippi)
- Rev. Robert Wentzel on the Service of Women in the Church (Rev. Wentzel is Pastor of Trinity Lutheran, Walton, Nebraska)
- Rev. Dr. John Wohlrabe on the Office of the Holy Ministry (Rev. Wohlrabe is Second Vice-President of the LCMS and Pastor of Concordia Lutheran, Geneseo, Illinois)
- Rev. Scott Porath on the Unbiblical Removal of Pastors (Rev. Porath is Pastor of Emmanuel Lutheran, Eagle, Nebraska)
- Rev. Clint Poppe on The Church’s Mission and Evangelistic Task (Rev. Poppe is Pastor of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Lincoln, Nebraska)
- Rev. Dick Bolland on Ecclesiastical Supervision/Dispute Resolution (Rev. Bolland is Pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Kansas City, Missouri)
The conference also includes the convening of the ACELC – congregations in the LCMS working together in a concerted effort to advance the correction of errors in the LCMS and promote unity of faith in our synod fellowship. For information on congregational participation in this association please click HERE.