A short e-mail to thank you for a good quarter! After the recession’s stomach punch last year, I’m thankful…
- That our Seminary is operating in the black;
- That there’s a good spirit/Spirit to move the Savior’s mission forward through us;
- That we’re looking at topics that will impact our futures in ministry, especially “Life Together.”
This is a unique place in the world and church, and I’m thankful for your positive contributions these past ten weeks.
As you have opportunity, please share the thanks of our Seminary community for the support (prayer support, encouraging words, and financial support) that so greatly helps us in our work of formation and mission.
And should the question come up about the future of LCMS seminaries…
Contrary to rumor, there is no offer from Washington University to buy our campus.
- There is no proposal “on the table” to close or consolidate seminary campuses. Yes, there is talk about such possibilities but it is not been put forward through established channels, not “on the table” but in the shadows.
- In the next weeks I will send you an e-mail report about the recent Summit in Ft. Wayne on the future of theological education.
- My time in the President’s Forum on December 2nd will be given to the rumors and realities about seminary futures.
I hope that you will enjoy a restful break. Jesus led His disciples away from ministry into times of rest, and I invite you to get away with Him and your loved ones to a quiet place that you may rest (Mark 6:31).
Last but not least, coming from a guy who in some ways gets more scared the older I get: Please drive safely!
Dale A. Meyer