(Editor’s Note: The United Lutheran Mission Association continues to shatter the contemporary LCMS myth that you need consultants, early childhood centers and laymen trained at leadership conferences in order to initiate new mission starts. They do it the old fashioned way by simply sending out pastors to work with ordinary laymen to get the word preached in its purity and the sacraments administered according to Christ’s command. They recently put out an invitation for support for this effort, including a pithy critique of the modern church, and are posting it here as a part of their regular BJS column. We have several confessional groups that post here and invite your group to join us as well.)
Would You Be Interested In Helping Us?
We are receiving more inquiries from confessional laity for help to establish confessional congregations.
These are people who…
- Have had enough of the shallow entertainment “vision” of the Church Growth Movement.
- Wish to preserve the right of the Priesthood of Believers to establish their congregations, call their pastors and work with their pastors to protect and promote Word and Sacrament ministry.
- Have had enough of the Synodical hierarchy that attempts to define the church in an institutional manner and, instead of being an “advisory only” body, wishes to dictate and cajole the priesthood of believers and pastors into a circus like atmosphere under the guise of saving souls for Jesus.
- Have had enough of the division caused in their congregations by pastors who divide their congregation into contemporary, blended and traditional service groupsâ€”regardless of how “conservative” the pastor appears to be.
- Believe in the power of the Word alone to work and nurture faith.
- Are willing to make sacrifices, to take a stand and say “no” to church models that are nothing more than a corporate approach to making disciples instead of baptizing and teaching.
The United Lutheran Mission Association (ULMA) needs your help because the inquiries are growing and, we believe, will continue to grow. Yes, we need financial help to aid in the establishment of new congregations and to call and support our Missionary at Large program.
If you would like more information or would like to join the ULMA please visit our web site, or contact one of the member congregations listed below:
Redeemer Lutheran Church
30003 Jefferson Ave.
St. Clair Shores, MI 48082
Pilgrim Lutheran Church
2155 N. Oakland Ave.
Decatur, IL 62526