(We have received the following from the ACL and the Luther Academy and encourage you to make plans to attend. The lineup of excellent speakers includes BJS blogger Klemet Preus and our BJS Quarterly Editor Fritz Baue.)
“Who Is God?” You know Him, of course, but others claim to know Him, too…often others who really do not know Him, but only a corruption of His revelation that neither saves them nor serves their neighbor.
What does it mean that evolution is displacing creation within the hearts and minds of many in visible Christendom? What effect will it have on us all to have a disciple of Liberation Theology as “the most powerful man in the world”? Why is it important that we defend against the ‘genericization’ of God by the proponents of American Civil Religion? How does the neglect of the old Testament’s presentation of God as Triune lead us into such traps as these?
While we might easily toss out short answers to these questions, it is fitting as dedicated Lutheran pastors and laity that we would study these issues in some depth, so that we might truly be able to “given an answer to those who inquire as to the hope that is within us.”
Thus, we remind you of and invite you to consider attendance at another excellent Congress on the Lutheran Confessions, sponsored jointly by The Association of Confessional Lutherans http:// TheACL.org and The Luther Academy http://www.lutheracademy.com/ April 22 – 24, 2009 (1:00 pm on the 22nd through noon on the 24th) at the Ramada Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The speakers include:
- Rev. Dr. David Adams, St. Louis, Missouri – The God of Civil Religion: Can We Pray to Him?
- Rev. Dr. David Scaer, Fort Wayne, Indiana – Christology: Key to Understanding the Trinity
- Rev. Todd Wilken, Waterloo, Illinois – Pluralism’s Poison Potion: All Gods are Created Equal OR God, god and the Occult
- Rev. James Bauer, Denver, Colorado – Syncretism/Unionism and the True God: Does God Compromise?
- Rev. Steve Briel, Corcoran, Minnesota – The Trinity in the Old Testament
- Rev. Robin Fish, Laurie, Missouri – The God of Liberation Theology â€” the Replacement Religion
- Rev. Klemet Preus, Plymouth, Minnesota – The God of American Evangelicalism
- Rev. Dr. Leo Sanchez, St. Louis, Missouri -Pneumatology: Key to Understanding the Trinity
- Rev. Dr. Fritz Baue, Fairview Heights, Illinois – The True God and Evolution: Can They Co-exist?