New Lutheran Hour Speaker
Lutheran Hour Ministries has chosen Rev. Gregory Seltz to be their new Speaker. For their press release:
The Lutheran Hour link has some biographical information for Rev. Seltz. From that I have compiled some resources to help us get to know our new Lutheran Hour Speaker.
Rev. Seltz’s information from the LCMS Church Worker profile:
The website for a church which Rev. Seltz began in New York:
It appears that Rev. Seltz has a lot of interest and experience in urban and cross cultural ministry situations.
Here is an excellent listing of some of Rev. Seltz’s experience:
From the above link:
- Concordia Seminary, Ph.D. thesis stage Theology and Culture, St. Louis, Missouri (present)
- Concordia Seminary, STM systematics, St. Louis, Missouri (1994)
- Concordia Seminary, M.Div. Systematic – New Testament (Honors), St. Louis, Missouri (1986)
- Concordia College, Ann Arbor, B.A. New Testament-Biblical Languages (Honors) Ann Arbor, Michigan (1982)
- Concordia University, Director Cross-Cultural Ministry Center; Irvine, California (2000- )
- St. John’s Orange, Pastor- Part time staff; Orange, California (2007- )
- St. Paul, Los Angeles, Interim Pastor; Los Angeles, California (2006-2007)
- Life’s Journey Ministries, Executive Director, Manhattan, New York (1995-2000)
- Church for All Nations, Founding Pastor, Manhattan, New York (1995-2000)
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Pastor, Brandon, Florida (1990-95)
- Messiah Lutheran Church, Mission Developer, Midlothian, Texas (1988-1990)
- Cross of Christ Lutheran Church, Pastor, DeSoto, Texas (1988-1990)
- Concordia Lutheran Church, vicar, San Antonio, Texas (1985)
Rev. Seltz has authored a couple bible studies for Concordia Publishing House (CPH) for the “Lutheran Difference” series, one on the Lord’s Supper and one on Marriage and Family. To see them go here:
He has also been a breakout session teacher for Higher Things:
He also serves on the Administrative Cabinet for the Center for U.S. Missions: you can also find a Bible study written by Rev. Seltz there.
I was able to find a sermon (although it sounds like it might be more of a speech setting) preached by Rev. Seltz to a men’s prayer breakfast group, the topic was “The Christian Man and Perseverance: the Power to See Things to the End” here is the link:
Here is another sermon preached by Rev. Seltz on a Consecration Sunday, the video is found at:
Hope this helps us to understand who our new Lutheran Hour Speaker is. I would encourage us to pray for Rev. Seltz as he will begin preaching to a lot of hearers over the airwaves soon.
Read 79481 times