Great Stuff Found on the Web — 2008 Rocky Mountain District Worship Conference
I came across this posting from Pr. Kurt Hering giving videos of the 2008 RMD Worship Conference.
In 2008 the Rocky Mountain District hosted a theological conference on Lutheran Worship. The conference included three presentations and a concluding panel discussion involving the three presenters.
It will take an investment of about 3 hours of your time, but I think it will be time well spent in helping us understand what we are dealing with in regard to issues of worship and the errors that have become entrenched in our synod in the area of worship.
- The Rev. Dr. Timothy Maschke, Concordia University Wisconsin—“The Theology of Worship” [Time 43.09]
- The Rev. Chris Esget, Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church of Alexandria, VA—“Traditional Lutheran Worship” [Time 50.52]
- Mr. John Jordening, Concordia University Irvine—“Contemporary Lutheran Worship” [Time 49.38]
- Panel Discussion on Worship [Time 33.31]
There seems to me to be one glaring error that jumps out and begs to be treated, if not merely by a cursory glance at the list of presenters, then in understanding the implications of a public worship role that one of them says he exercises in light of the “office” which he holds.
Rather than offering my analysis I would like to hear yours with this quote from Luther in mind.
If I profess with loudest voice and clearest expostion every portion of the truth of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christ.
– quote falsely attributed to Dr. Martin Luther
but he wrote many things with this sentiment
In der Liebe Christi,
Rev. Kurt Hering, Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
Read 187718 times