Our eighth grade teacher is retiring this year and so we are looking for prospects to call or hire and then colloquize.
Bethany is a very happy and enjoyable place to serve the Lord. Church and School work seamlessly together. Male teachers are encouraged to serve on the Board of Elders. Our female principal is a non-voting member of the board of elders. Principal and church staff meet weekly for two hour staff meetings where they plan and administer the work of the parish.
The parish is organized around Walther’s six duties of the church. The elders meet every few years to set new and fresh goals based on the six duties.
If you are interested please call Principal Pam Mueller at 630/355-2198 or send an email to BJS at the “contact us” button.
We are looking for a teacher who meets all or most of the following criteria. The top three are non-negotiable.
- Understand and support our confessional teachings
- Supportive of the liturgy (e.g. as found in the Lutheran Service Book)
- LCMS rostered worker or willing to begin colloquy
- History/Geography/Social Studies teaching experience
- Coach sports, Yearbook
- Team player, energetic
- Prefer a male but will call/hire the best candidate
- Skilled at integrating technology into curriculum
- Communicate/interact with Jr. High students and parents
- Strong with discipline
- Leadership skills—Take charge person
- Willing to join the other teachers in volunteering in the parish (usher, elder, kitchen, choir, etc.)